Wednesday, September 15, 2010

An ode to Sophie Scholl

She was executed the same day she had her trial
"If you have any farewell letters, I would write them now" said her nurse
She didn't know she was going to die.
Imagine... You were sitting, writing anti-hitler flyers
then you are in jail, finding out you are about to die.

That must have been the hardest part.
but you had your faith
I wish I had that
You had such convictions
Ready to die for those you loved,
for your cause
you are a rebel
you had the right ideas.
you, Christof Probst, Alex Schmorell, and Willi Graff
had the right idea
such
conviction

Wir kämpfen mit Worten
Nous luttons avec les mots
Мы боремся за словами
We fight with words

Die Sonne scheint noch

Es lebe die Freiheit

and utter, piercing silence

those were your last words

I can only hope that there is a time when I can die for my friends, the people I love, and a just cause.

I hope I can live with so little hate in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment